Vegan Jackfruit Carnitas Tacos
Cook something extra tasty to fill your tacos! These Vegan Jackfruit Carnitas Tacos are full of flavors.
The bits are going to caramelize and it will be even better! You can use this filling for burritos or fajitas too.
The jackfruit is going to act like the meat and at the end, it will be like pulled meat but in better and healthier 😀
So, are you ready to cook?
If you tried this Vegan Jackfruit Carnitas Tacos or any other recipe on the blog, let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment! Be sure you are following me on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook for more tasty recipes!
Jackfruit Carnitas Tacos
- 400 g canned young Jackfruit
- 200 g Chopped button Mushrooms
- 3 Garlic cloves
- 1 Onion
- 1 Orange (juice)
- 2 tsp Agave Syrup
- 1 tsp Marmite / Vegemite Substitute with dark miso
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 1 tsp dried Oregano
- 2 tsp Chili powder
- 1 tsp smoked Paprika
- ¼ tsp Garlic powder
- ¼ tsp Black pepper
- ½ tsp Salt
- ⅛ tsp Cinnamon
- 4 Bay leaves
- 12 Taco Tortillas
- Salad, Fresh Coriander...
- Preheat your oven to 150°C, 300°F. Place the oven rack in the lowest position.
- In a Dutch oven, heat the oil at low temperature and stir in the chopped onions with the spices mix.
- After 10 minutes add the minced garlic, chopped mushrooms and drained Jackfruit. Increase the heat at medium temperature and let cook for 5 more minutes while stirring.
- Squeeze in the orange. Add the Marmite and Agave Syrup, stir well to coat all the ingredients (if it's a bit to dry you can add ¼ cup of Water).
- Close the lid of your Dutch oven and place it into the oven for 45 minutes.
- After the 45mn cooking, Increase the heat to 180°C, 350°F for 10 to 15 more minutes to caramelize the "meaty" bites.
- Serve and enjoy!