Vegan Grilled Cheese Sandwich
I’m finally sharing this recipe of this Vegan Grilled Cheese Sandwich!
This recipe is hugely inspired by the Tasty recipe but I like to add mustard to enhance all the flavors.
You can eat it like that or garnish it with cooked veggies for example. I’ve once made it with pumpkin and mushrooms and it was delicious 🙂
If you tried this Vegan Grilled Cheese Sandwich or any other recipe on the blog, let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment! Be sure you are following me on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook for more tasty recipes!
Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- ½ cup Cashews 75g.
- 1 Carrot
- 3 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp Tapioca starch
- 1 tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Garlic powder
- ¼ tsp Onion powder
- ⅛ tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Mustard
- 8 slices Bread
- In a medium saucepan, bring 1L of water to boil. Add the chopped carrot and cashews. Cook for 10 mn or until the carrot is fork-tender.
- Once cooked and without discarding the cooking water, strain the carrot and cashew.
- Place the cashews, carrot, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, mustard, tapioca starch and spices in a blender. Add 240 mL (1 cup) of the cooking water. Blend to make a smooth sauce (3mn).
- On medium heat, pour back the sauce in the medium saucepan and stir with a spatula until thickened. Set aside.
- Butter each slice of bread on 1 side. Heat a saucepan, add a teaspoon of margarine. When it's hot, add one slice of bread, butter side against the pan. Add enough cheese sauce to cover the bread (and garnish if you want). Top with another slice of bread. Cook for +/- 3mn (until bread is well-toasted). Flip and cook again until nicely brown.
- Serve and eat immediately.