Vegan Egg & Asparagus Toast
This Vegan Egg & Asparagus Toast is one of my favorite dishes during springtime!
It’s a very simple dish perfect for a quick lunch or diner.
I love green asparagus, they are just super tasty and simple to prepare. I usually deglaze them with balsamic vinegar, I find that it amplifies the flavors and makes them almost addictive.
I use the recipe of the asparagus for many dishes: with other veggies and tempeh, on this toast, or even on savoy pancakes or waffles. You have many options to use your asparagus :).
If you tried this Vegan Egg & Asparagus Toast or any other recipe on the blog, let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment! Be sure you are following me on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook for more tasty recipes!
Vegan Asparagus "eggy" toast
- a few slices of bread
- 10 green asparagus
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 400 g silken tofu
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp kala namak salt
- pickled onion, radish, dill, fresh herbs...
- Clean, peel if needed and cut the bottom of the asparagus.
- Place a pan on high heat, add some olive oil. When it's warm, add the asparagus. cook 5 minutes on each side (10mn total).
- Then, add the balsamic vinegar, move the pan to coat all the asparagus and let cook for another 2 minutes.
- In another pan, add the silken tofu, the kala namak salt, the onion and garlic powder, cook for 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toast the bread.
- On the bread, add the tofu mixture and place a few asparagus on top.
- Add your favorite toppings and some freshly cracked black pepper.