The Best Vegan Brownies
Meet your new favorite brownies: super fudgy in the center and crispy crackly top, couldn’t ask for more!
After several attempts to master the perfect vegan Brownies, I can say that I definitely found my mate here hehe. The textures are just perfect and with the salt sprinkled on top, it becomes completely addictive.
But yes, it’s not the easiest brownies because you’re gonna need several ingredients. Apart from that, the technique is quite simple.
A FEW TIPS:
- Can you use less sugar? Well, sorry but no, I tried with less sugar and it doesn’t give the crust on top. These brownies are definitely an occasional treat and shouldn’t be considered as “healthy vegan dessert”.
- Metal or Glass tin? The metal tin will provide more crusty effect so you might need a few minutes more if using a glass baking tin.
- Can I add nuts or chocolate chips? Of course, be creative and add what you want to make your perfect vegan brownie.
If you tried these Best Vegan Brownies or any other recipe on the blog, let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment! Be sure you are following me on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook for more tasty recipes!
The Best Vegan Brownie
- 250 g Dark vegan Chocolate approx 8 ounces
- ¼ cup Cacao Powder
- 1 cup All-purpose Flour
- 1 tbsp Espresso Powder
- 2 cup Blond Cane Sugar
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- 300 g Silken Tofu
- 1 ¼ cup Margarine firm one
- 2 tsp Salt + extra for top
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat your oven to 180°C / 350°F. Position the rack in the middle of the oven.
- Grease a 23x30 cm (9x12-inch) metal pan with softened butter, then line with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on all sides.
Making the Batter
- Cream the sugar with the silken tofu and half of the margarine with an electric whisk. Add a lot of air, whisk during at least 5 minutes.
- In a saucepan, melt the dark chocolate with the other half of the butter.
- Once melted add to the sugar/tofu mixture. Continue to whisk for 2 minutes.
- Sift the flour, cacao powder, salt, and espresso powder. Add this carefully to the chocolate mixture. Stir delicately with a rubber spatula: from the outside of the bowl to the center, as you would do for macarons.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking tin (approx. 23x30cm / 9x12 in) and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Put the tin in the oven for the first 20 minutes.
- Remove the baking pan from the oven. Then, lightly drop the pan on a flat surface 1-2 times until the brownies deflate slightly. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt.
- Return the pan into the oven and bake 20 more minutes or until a wooden skewer/ knife blade inserted into the center of the brownie comes out fudgy. A nice crust should have been already created on the top.
- Set the brownies on a cooling rack and cool completely. Lift the cooled brownie and cut!