Savory Sweet Potato Waffles (Gluten-free – Quick)
I made these gluten-free Savory Sweet Potato Waffles and oh god! they were so goood!
In the batter, I added some sliced spring onions and I served it with plenty of good stuff: avocado, roasted sweet potato, baby spinach, tempeh, kimchi and of course olives 😀
I also prepared a delicious dressing with soy yogurt, lemon juice, wild garlic, and smoked paprika to bind all of these delicious preparations. So good 😍😍
If you tried this Savory Sweet Potato Waffles or any other recipe on the blog, let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment! Be sure you are following me on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook for more tasty recipes!
Savory Sweet Potatoe Waffles
- 250 g Sweet Potato (cooked)
- 1 cup Oat flour or oatmeal
- 220 g Plant-based milk
- 15 g Cornstarch
- 30 g Spring onion
- 1 tbsp Baking powder
- 1 tbsp Ground Flax seeds in 3 tbsp of warm water
- Salt & Pepper
- Put your waffle machine on to preheat.
- In a small bowl, add the ground flaxseed with warm water. Let to rest for a few minutes.
- In a blender, add the cooked sweet potato, the oat flour, baking powder, cornstarch, and milk. Blend until smooth.
- Transfer into a bowl and add the flax egg and stir with a spatula.
- Add the sliced spring onion, salt, and pepper. Stir with a spatula.
- When your waffle maker is heated, oil it if needed, and pour out the batter (use as much as recommended according to the waffle maker manufacturer instructions) and close the machine. Cook for 5-7 minutes until golden and crispy.