For pickle fans, here’s one for the fall season : here are Pumpkin Pickles!
You can use any squash or pumpkin for this recipe. I prefer the small ones with firm flesh which will remain quite firm after pickling. Again, you can play around with the seasonings and use whatever you have on hand. Garlic adds a great taste and on top of that you can also eat it afterwards (nothing goes to waste hehe).
Like Rhubarb Pickles, what do we eat them with? Again, the answer is simple: on everything 😀 Like any other pickle, I put them on top of my dish.
I haven’t tried dessert with these pickles this time, but if you try to incorporate them to a sweet dish, I’ll be super interested to know what you did!
If you tried this Pumpkin Pickles or any other recipe on the blog, let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment! Be sure you are following me on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook for more tasty recipes!
- 320 g raw pumpkin
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 rosemary sprig
- 15 pink pepper kernels
- 200 mL apple cider vinegar
- 100 mL rice vinegar
- 90 g sugar
- 1 chili
- 1 tsp salt
- Cut the flesh of the pumpkin in small dices and put them in a clean jar.
- Add the bay leaves, chili, rosemary and pepper on top. In a saucepan, boil the vinegars with the sugar, and salt until they are dissolved.
- Pour the liquid into the jar.
- Let cool down for 4 hours.
- Close the jar and keep in the fridge.
- Start to eat after 24h of pickling.