This pumpkin bread is super soft and so good!
Want some fluffiness this fall? there it is ! This pumpkin bread (or whatever squash you have in your house) is super fluffy and delicious. It is perfect for spreading any vegan cheeze or plant-based pâté. Or even to be devoured all by itself!
I put 5-grain wholemeal flour in it because I have a 3kg bag, but you can of course replace it with whole-wheat flour. Just pay attention to the amount of water to add afterwards because each flour has its own amount of liquid absorption 🙂
You can also add spices if you feel like it!
If you tried this Pumpkin bread or any other recipe on the blog, let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment! Be sure you are following me on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook for more tasty recipes!
- 400 g 5 cereals whole grain flour or whole wheat
- 100 g all-purpose flour
- 9 g dry yeast
- 320 g pumpkin puree
- 8 g grey salt
- 10 g olive oil
- +/-150 g water
- 2 tbsp plant based milk
- Pumpkin seeds
- Preheat your oven to 30°C/86°F in order to have a warm place to let rise the bread later.
- Line a cake tin with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl (or the bowl of the food processor), mix the flours, yeast, salt and pumpkin puree. Using the plastic (dough) blade, pulse a few time to mix. If you do it by hand, start mixing to form a ball.
- Add the olive oil and continue kneading.
- Add bit by bit the water. I needed 150g but if your pumpkin puree is wet you might need less. Your final ball should be smooth and slightly sticky.
- Form a long cylinder that will rise directly in the cake tin. Place loaf in the tin. If you have a loose plastic bag, place the tin in it and close it. You can also put a damp towel on top.
- Let rise the pumpkin bread into the warm oven for 1h30.
- Remove the pumpkin bread from the oven and increase the temperature of your oven to 175°C/350°F.
- Remove the plastic bag/damp towel. Brush the bread with plant-based milk and place some pumpkin seeds on top.
- When the oven is warm, place a small cup or an individual pie tin filled with water in the oven. Place the cake tin and bake for 30 minutes. If the top is browning too much, you can decrease the temperature for the 10 last minutes to 150°C/300°F. But it should stay much longer (up to 40-45 minutes).
- When it's baked, remove the bread from the tin and let it cool down completely on a cooling grid.
- Cut in slice when and eat!