Peach Summer Cake
This Peach Summer Cake is delicious, soft and simple to make.
I was looking for a recipe for a spongy, not too sweet and light cake for when it’s hot in the summer. Well, I found it! This summer peach cake is top of the line and infinitely customizable! I put in some vanilla yogurt and peaches but you can put whatever you want on it! Lemon yogurt and berries for example or even pineapple yogurt with slices of fresh mango. In short, you have the choice
I am slightly late on the addition of recipes on the blog, you see me sorry! I’ll do my best to add the missing ones!
If you tried this Peach Summer Cake or any other recipe on the blog, let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment! Be sure you are following me on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook for more tasty recipes!
Summer Cake (olive oil sponge cake)
- 300 g All-purpose flour
- 220 g plantbased milk
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 215 g blond sugar
- 10 g baking powder
- 2 g baking soda
- 115 g plain yogurt I used a soy yogurt
- 100 g olive oil
- 8 g dried orange/lemon peels optionnal
- 200 g Vanilla Yogurt (vegan)
- 4-5 Peaches
- Preheat your oven to 180C (fan assisted).
- Line a baking pan with parchment.
- In a small bowl, gather the milk and the vinegar and let sit a few minutes.
- In a big bowl, add the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, lemon/orange peels and a pinch of salt.
- Add the milk mixture and the yogurt. Stir with spatula.
- Then add the oil and stir again to have a homogeneous batter.
- Pour into the baking pan and put in the oven for 20 minutes. Check if it's cooked with a toothpick, if not let another 5-10minutes (depends on your oven). * If you use a smaller pan and therefore your cake is thicker, baking can take up to 40-45mn.
- Remove from the oven and from the tin to let the cake cool down.
- When it's cold add your favorite toppings.