No-Grain Burrito Bowl
Healthy and a good-for-you No-Grain Burrito Bowl comes together in only a few minutes! It’s full of fresh vegetables and super flavorful thanks to the Mexican-Style Cauliflower Rice.
These burrito bowls are the perfect example of a healthy, hearty meal without sacrificing your taste buds.
A Burrito Bowl can contain anything you like. So you can follow or not the ingredients of my recipe ahah.
For this recipe, we used:
- Mexican-Style Cauliflower Rice
- Red beans – substitute with chick peas, black beans or refried beans,
- Corn Kernel – canned or frozen,
- Red onion slices
- Grilled Red pepper in olive oil – subsitute with fresh red bell pepper,
- Avocado slices
- Cherry tomatoes
- A few leaves of Salad
- 2 cups Mexican-Style Cauliflower Rice see notes for the recipe
- 1 Avocado, sliced
- ⅓ cup Grilled Pepper in Olive oil or fresh if you cannot find it in stores
- 10 Cherry Tomatoes, chopped
- 6 tbsp Corn Kernels
- 4 tbsp Kidney Beans
- ½ Red Onion, finely sliced
- a few leaves Salad
- Fresh Cilantro
- 1 Lime
- Prepare your Mexican-Style Cauliflower Rice.
- In two bowls, add the Cauliflower rice and all the other ingredients.
- Squeeze some lime over the bowls and serve immediately.
- 2 cups Cauliflower rice approx. 300g.
- ⅓ cup Onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup Red Bell Pepper, finely chopped
- ¾ cup Tomato Sauce
- ½ cup Vegetable low-sodium Broth
- ½ Lemon (juice)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Chili powder
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried Oregano
- ½ tsp Cumin
- Chopped Cilantro for garnish
- Salt, Black Pepper
- In a saucepan over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion with a pinch of salt and cook until softened, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the bell pepper, cauliflower rice, and spices. Stir frequently for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, vegetable broth and lemon juice. Add 1 pinch of salt and some black pepper to taste.
- Increase heat to high and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cook for 5 minutes. If the cauliflower release to much water (happens sometimes when it's frozen), strain (keep the juice for something else as it is full of flavors) and serve.
- Serve immediately and top with cilantro.
If you tried this No-Grain Burrito Bowl or any other recipe on the blog, let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment! Be sure you are following me on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook for more tasty recipes!
No-Grain Burrito Bowl