Lemon & Summer Greens Orecchiette
Are you hungry for an Italian recipe? Well, this Lemon & Summer Greens Orecchiette is the perfect pasta dish for you!
It’s quick, it’s easy and it’s super tasty!
You can eat it by itself or add some sides such as Roasted Cherry Tomatoes & Garlic. Believe me, it matches the flavors so well 😀
Of course, you can also make some variations:
- Vary the veggies: Use fresh veggies that you have and can find
- Swap the pasta shape, be creative! Any pasta will do the work and you can also use gluten-free pasta, just be sure to cook it appropriately
If you tried these Lemon & Summer Greens Orecchiette or any other recipe on the blog, let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment! Be sure you are following me on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook for more tasty recipes!
Lemon & Greens Pasta
- 150 g Orecchiette Durum Wheat Pasta - you can use gluten-free pasta if needed, cook them accordingly to the packet.
- ½ Courgette
- Green beans
- 2 tbsp Capers
- 1 Lemon Zest and juice
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 Garlic cloves or 4 roasted garlic cloves (see notes)
- ½ bunch Basil
- ½ tsp Salt
- Black pepper to taste
Toppings / Sides
- Roasted cherry tomatoes
- Chopped mixed Nuts
- Cut the green beans in 3 sections
- In boiling water, add salt and the beans.
- Cook them for 15mn. Add the pasta in the same saucepan at the correct timing to finish them at the same time as the beans. (For example, my Durum wheat Orecchiette cook exactly the same time as the beans, so I added them at the same time).
- Meanwhile, wash your lemon, zest it and juice it. With a peeler, make courgette tagliatelle. Keep the middle and cut it in medium dices. Slice the garlic cloves.
- When the pasta and beans are cooked, heat up a pan (over a low-medium heat). Add 2 tbsp of olive oil, the courgette dices, the garlic, and lemon zest.
- Sautée for 2 mn. Add the green beans and the pasta, the roasted garlic cloves (optional)
- Sautée again for 2 mn, pour the lemon juice add the basil leaves.
- Sautée again for 2 mn and serve
- Add your favorite toppings!