Healthy Spring Cookies
Are you looking for new cookies in your life? These Healthy Spring Cookies are the ones you’re looking for!
These cookies are gluten-free, refined-sugar-free and totally addictive. They are easy to make, and so fresh!
A FEW NOTES ON THIS RECIPE:
- You can freeze the dough discs before baking them. If so, directly put them in the oven to bake once out of the freezer.
- You can add any citrus fruit you’d like!
- For the texture, it is very important to let them cool on the cooling rack.
If you tried these Healthy Spring Cookies or any other recipe on the blog, let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment! Be sure you are following me on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook for more tasty recipes!
- 1 cup Oat Flour (110g)
- ½ cup Walnut flour (50g) you can also use almond flour or peanut flour.
- ½ cup Sugar (60g) Blond, brown or coconut are all fine 🙂
- ⅓ g Margarine / Non-dairy butter (70g)
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 2 tbsp Plant-based milk (25g)
- 2 pinches Fine seasalt
- 30 g Dried cranberries
- 30 g Pumpkin seeds
- 2 tsp Orange blossom water
- a few Kumquats, sliced works also with small/thin slices of grapefruit, pomelo...
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside for later.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar and margarine + milk. Whisk until creamy.
- In another bowl, combine all the other dry ingredients.
- Sift the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Incorporate the cranberries and pumpkin seeds in the dough.
- Scoop cookie dough (10 balls) onto the prepared baking sheet. Flatten cookies into a round disc—they will not spread during baking.
- Place and slightly sink 1 or 2 slices of Kumquat on top of each cookie.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack. Allow cooling completely.