Creamy Polenta & Mushroom sauce
One of the best Italian dish: Creamy Polenta & Mushroom sauce. IT’s creamy, the flavors are comforting and amazing. Nothing to say more as it talks by itself.
I love Polenta and mushrooms. A few weeks ago, I bought a 3kg Polenta bag by mistake and now I need to find recipes to make with all of this. The first which came in my mind is this delicious creamy polenta. And what is the best thing to go with? Mushroom sugo (sauce) obviously.
So here it is, this is my version of this Italian traditional dish. It will be an amazing dinner, hope you’ll like it!
If you tried this Creamy Polenta & Mushroom sauce or any other recipe on the blog, let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment! Be sure you are following me on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook for more tasty recipes!
Creamy Polenta and Mushroom sauce
- 2 shallots
- 100 g carrot
- 1 rosemary sprig
- olive oil
- 500 g mushrooms
- 50 mL white wine
- 500 g tomato sauce
- salt & pepper
- 250 g instant polenta
- 800 mL water
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 100 mL soy cream
- salt & pepper
- Cut the shallots and in tiny dice.
- Heat a pan on low/medium heat with 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- When it's warm add the diced shallots, carrot and the rosemary sprig.
- Cook for 10 mn, meanwhile cut the mushrooms.
- Then add them to the pan, sprinkle some salt. Put the heat to medium and cook for 10 mn stirring time to time.
- When the mushrooms have a nice color, deglaze with white wine, cook for 5 mn and then, add the tomato sauce. Cook uncover on low heat for 30 to 40mn. The sauce should reduce and become thick.
- Before serving cook the polenta : pour the polenta slowly into boiling water, whisking constantly until all polenta is stirred in and there are no lumps.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, whisking often, until polenta starts to thicken, about 5 to 8 minutes minutes.
- Add 4 tbsp of olive oil and the soy cream. Stir and serve with the mushroom sauce.