Coffee & Walnut Cake (gluten-free – vegan)
A delicious cake to eat at any time of the day ! This Coffee & Walnut Cake is gluten-free and vegan, so it’s the perfect treat 🙂
Looking for a great cake to eat with your warm cup of coffee or of Sweet Potato Latte? This cake is delicately flavoured with coffee and the nuts brings a nice crunch. Plus, it’s gluten-free AND has a great fluffy texture. You have to try it, believe me.
Here I put a frozen red berries topping but you can add any fruit you like or make a chocolate ganache to spread after baking. It will be an absolute delight. It is also perfect without any topping, so if you dont have things to put on top, no worries!
If you tried this Coffee & Walnut Cake or any other recipe on the blog, let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment! Be sure you are following me on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook for more tasty recipes!
Coffee & Walnut Cake (vegan / gluten-free)
- 2.5 tbsp flaxseed
- 6 tbso warm water
- 150 g almond powder
- 150 g white rice flour
- 80 g sugar
- 7 g instant coffee
- 3 g baking soda
- 7 g baking powder
- 2 g salt
- 70 g walnuts
- 55 g soy yogurt
- 170 g plantbased milk
- 50 g oil
- 100 g red berries (topping) optional
- Preheat your oven to 150°C/300°F.
- Place parchment in a cake. In a small bowl, mix together the flaxseed with water.
- In a large bowl add the dry ingredients.
- Mix everything well. Add the yogurt, the mylk, flaxseed and the oil and fold them gently into the dry ingredients until no flour pockets remain.
- Fill the tin with the batter, it should be thick but still pourable.
- Sprinkle the red berries on top and place in the preheated oven for approx. 60 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let it cool down on a grid and serve.