Aquafaba Brioche Bread
Looking for a way to use your aquafaba? Well, here is my Aquafaba Brioche Bread which is perfect for any occasion!
I was kind of bored to eat chocolate mousse (tough life I know), so I decided to make something different. I also had a 3kg bag of 5-cereals-whole flour so I decided to incorporate it into my recipe.
This Brioche Bread is a combination of sandwich bread and brioche and is very delicious. You can spread anything on it: vegan paté / foie gras, hummus or, if you’re more a sweet tooth, homemade chocolate spread.
Be sure to store it in an air-tight box to keep it moist.
If you tried this Aquafaba Brioche Bread or any other recipe on the blog, let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment! Be sure you are following me on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook for more tasty recipes!
- 2 ½ tsp active dry yeast 7g
- ⅓ cup warm water
- 2 cups whole 5 cereals flour 300g
- 1 ¾ cup all-purpose flour 270g
- 3 tbsp blond cane sugar 45g
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup aquafaba 250g
- ½ cup olive oil 100g
- In a small bowl, mix the hot water and the yeast. Let stand 5-10 minutes until the mixture becomes bubbly.
- In the bowl of the food processor (with the kneader), put the flour, the sugar, the salt. Mix.
- Add the aquafaba and the yeast-water mixture. Knead until you get a smooth ball.
- Add the oil and continue kneading for at least 15 minutes. Add a little flour if it sticks too much.
- Let stand for 1 hour 30 minutes in an oiled bowl covered with a damp cloth.
- Line a bread tin with greaseproof paper.
- Punch the dough to emove the gas and form three equal balls: flatten and then fold the upper and lower edge inward. Then the left and right side inward. Turn the dough over so that the folds are against the work surface and finish "rolling".
- Put the three balls in the bread tin and let stand for 1 hour covered with a cloth.
- Preheat the oven to 180 Celcius degrees fan heat.
- Optional: brush the top of the dough with a little milk, aquafaba or diluted maple syrup.
- Bake 40 to 50 minutes minutes, checking that it does not burn. If necessary lower the temperature to 150 Celcius degrees and bake more time.
- Let cool on a rack before eating.